The Company: Utility Portfolio Management Solution Provider
Location: Wayzata, MN, USA
Industry: Energy Management Systems & Products
The Objective: Setting up a data entry process of scanned invoices for energy bills of electricity, gas and water, to give that enhanced customer service experience.
Challenges: This project of data entry was of transferring data from scanned images into client application. While data entry is so needed & seems easy, it can also be the cause to lot of issues for a business when human element plays a vital role to it. The real challenges a data entry professional faces,
- Human error
- Data validation
- Missing values
- Multiple-level data structures
- Data retrieval
- Back up and audit trails
- Documentation and archiving
Solution: Ongoing data entry process of 1,000 plus invoices daily; from scanned images to a web based client application through remote login facility.
Paradigm shift is the key to profitability for retail energy business; & is managed by securing sufficient wholesale supply at competitive pricing to ensure reasonable profit. These enterprises need to have a clear demarcation of things, which are must haves & must dos, while serving their customers.
One of the leading utility service provider delivering, future values, enhancing megawatts, computing cubic feet, to multi‐location organizations across USA – realized that these were basic essentials, whereas the need of the hour was of understanding consumer usage, designing flexibility and looking for sustainable options, which they were not well equipped with.
Hi-Tech, was approached to couple intelligent systems with information technology, an approach towards sustainability through customer satisfaction. The project was to process 1,000 plus, energy bills/invoices for electricity, gas and water, online, in client’s LICA system accessible through a remote desktop connection, daily. Hi-Tech’s Utilities Portfolio Management solution is designed to enhance the accuracy and offerings of your existing processes. This expedites systematic and concurrent assessment of volume and price, giving new dimensions to client’s decision making process and customer service.
- Double Key-in method offered the best cost-benefit of accuracy compared to prices.
- Client received reliable data that translated directly into bottom-line savings.
- The importance & accuracy of information multiplied as the size and volume of the project increased.
Technology / Software Used:
Comprehending client requirements, data entry experts concluded on using PDF reader & double key-in method on client application through remote login facility.
- Client selected, from a team of experienced and focused, data entry specialists, proficient in handling more than 1000 documents a month.
- Convenient process flow of accessing documents through FTP servers – with appropriate nomenclature and use of PDF reader & client application to treat the task logically.
- All documents audited by Quality Assurance team before processing the files & then provided to clients with real time status reports about number of files in process and the ones processed.